Recent Blog Posts

Lithium coin cell warning for young children.

 by batterydoctor on 12 Aug 2013 |
No Comment

There has been a heightened awareness of the dangers of lithium coin cells following the tragic death of a young child in Queensland.
When ingested, saliva can activate the battery causing a reaction that can cause serious internal burns. Even batteries that are flat should be discarded immediately. If ingested, emergency medical attention should be sought immediately.
Children under five years are considered to be a greatest risk. Family pets are also at risk if ingested.
All carers and parents are urged to store such batteries well away from the reach or sight of young children .
As consumer awareness rises about the hazards of such cells, it would be hoped that the number of such incidences might be reduced and avoided.

Lithium Coin cell


Leave a comment

* Please enter your name.
Email address will not be published
Please enter a valid email address.
* Please enter your comment.
Image Verification
'Please enter security code.
New Products
Premium distributors for Master Instruments Pty Ltd